Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

NaNoWriMo and Other Writerly Goals

Today marks two weeks until the start of NaNoWriMo.  For those of you who don't know, that is writerly speak for all us writers go nuts during the month of November and try to write 50,000 words which equates to about 175 pages.  They titled this madness National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo.  So the goal is to write a minimum of 1,666 words a day.  Right now I get between 500 and 1,500 on the days I actually write so this is gonna be a stretch.  But this is all part of the larger plan to finish Susceptible by the end of the year.  Currently, I am at about 18,000 words or 60 pages.  Yeah, pray I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.  So now is the time to get my brain stuck in plotting overdrive.  My muse seems to hang out in the shower so I should be squeaky clean for the next month or so (don't worry, that kinda creeps me out too).  If you see me in the month of November, ask me about my word count for the day and if I haven't reached 1,666, tell me to get my butt back to work.  I will create a page for Susceptible that I will try to keep updated with my current word and page count so you can all hold me to my far reaching goals.  And please hold me to them.  I tend to rebel against myself more than others.  If all goes well, I'll be looking for beta readers by the beginning of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment